Saturday, October 22, 2011

Key Muscles of Movers and Shakers

http://www.amazon.com/Key-Muscles-Yoga-Scientific-Keys/dp/1607432382

Every mover and shaker that wants to have a better sense of what booty muscles are used in their trademark dance floor shake should grab this book... Oh yeah, and that also includes all yoginis, Dailey Methies, pilaties gurus and boot campers alike who want to figure out what the heck is going on under the skin.

I happen to be a very visual learner so this functional anatomical guide to the human body in various poses has had a significant affect on my personal workout practice.  It is an incredible visual aid to skeletal alignment and muscular connections.  If I can visualize what muscles are working during plank, I can better isolate and engage them therefore deepening each exercise.  Its fascinating!  

I don't think I can do all of this Muscle Man's yoga poses, but hey, ain't he pretty doin them?

Go Yoga Man!




No comments:

Post a Comment