Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Baby Boot Steps

This morning I had an introductory meeting and tour of Bauman College for Holistic Nutrition in Berkeley after an unexpectedly boisterous Monday evening (which involved rounds of tasty Blood and Sands and boot shots of 4 Roses bourbon at Comstock).... 10am in the East Bay came all too quickly, particularly with the subject being holistic nutrition.

Jeremy and I found ourselves sitting in a sun-filled office, lined with bamboo and dietary pie-charts.   Eileen sat across from us and explained the structure and philosophy of the program with an occasional animated tangent upon such topics as America's addiction to caffeine and our symptom driven approach to health today.  More blurry than bright eyed, Jeremy and I couldn't agree more- a strong cup of coffee and some Advil were in order after the appointment... and maybe a greasy diner breakfast.

Ah, but thus is life.  Baby steps in the right direction for healthier living... and maybe a few less baby boot bourbon shots on an empty stomach before bed.  But hey, talk about progress, I stuck to my guns all night and only drank whisky AND I drank a good deal of water.   So it was mostly shortchanging my sleep that made for a grumbly morning.  Baby steps.

Besides, the meeting went great and their Spring semester sounds like a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment